St. John’s University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, a voluntary, non-governmental, membership association that is dedicated to quality assurance and improvement through accreditation via peer evaluation. Middle States accreditation instills public confidence in institutional mission, goals, performance, and resources through its rigorous accreditation standards and their enforcement.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education aspires to be the preeminent resource for institutions of higher education striving to achieve excellence in fulfilling their missions. It also intends, through voluntary assessment and adherence to high standards for student learning outcomes and operational behavior, to assure higher education's publics that its accredited institutions are fulfilling their stated purpose and addressing the publics' expectations.
Online Program Accreditations
St. John’s University’s graduate online programs have also been separately accredited by the following additional institutions:
- The Master of Business Administration program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The Master of Science in Accounting program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The program and its concentrations have also been endorsed by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IAEP).
- The Master of Science in Taxation program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The Master of Science in Library and Information Science program is accredited by the American Library Association. St. John’s is one of only seven institutions on the East Coast that offers an ALA-accredited 100% online program.
- The Ph.D. in Literacy program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
Online Program Rankings
St. John’s University provides the same commitment to excellence in its online programs as it does in its on-campus offerings. Some of our notable academic rankings include:
- Ranked #32 in the nation in 2017 for online graduate non-MBA business programs (i.e., accounting and taxation) by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked #16 in 2017 for Best Online Master's in Accounting Degree by College Choice.
- Ranked #22 in the nation in 2017 for The School of Education’s online graduate programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked the #164 National University in 2017 by U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked the #93 Best Graduate School of Education in 2017 by U.S. News & World Report