Your Talent. Our Global M.B.A. Your Future.
Program time to completion:
For business success today, you need real-world skills and the advanced knowledge to make effective decisions in an ever-changing global marketplace. The online M.B.A. from The Peter J. Tobin College of Business prepares you to apply your learning immediately in your organization as you continue to gain a better understanding of the functional areas of business.
This online master’s in business administration degree provides you with real-world insights through case studies, technology, analytics, and research. You will learn from distinguished, full-time faculty with extensive international business experience, strong connections throughout New York City, and the perspective to help you understand the regional and worldwide impacts of business decisions.
Why choose the Tobin College of Business M.B.A. program?
- Global perspective: Learn from a curriculum focused on case studies, real-world projects, technology, analytics, and research to prepare you to make effective cross-functional decisions in today’s global marketplace.
- Career connections: St. John’s New York campuses and business connections provide you with access to industry leaders, professional organizations, specialized academic expertise, and top New York employers.
- Distinguished faculty: Learn from dedicated full-time professors who have decades of industry experience and connections. They also are extensively published researchers.
- Career-building concentrations: Explore your chosen area of interest through a concentration in Interdisciplinary Business, Risk Management and Insurance or Taxation.
- Capstone project: This degree-culminating project gives you the opportunity to apply core concepts to a corporate analysis and executive summary. Build skills in problem analysis, case preparation, product/solution development, market research, and public speaking.
Program Learning Outcomes
With this master’s degree in business administration from St. John’s, you will gain the skills and knowledge to:
- Gain a global business perspective
- Apply business knowledge and skills effectively
- Make strategic, integrative decisions
- Gain a big-picture, cross-functional understanding of
- Global financial and managerial reporting
- Business analytics
- Industrial economics
- Business law and ethics
- Marketing management
- Risk management
- Managing workers in a global environment
Choose Your Path
You can also customize your learning to your aspirations in this AACSB-accredited program by focusing your studies in one of these areas:
- Interdisciplinary Business: Pursue advanced courses in more than one discipline to achieve a breadth of competencies
- Risk Management and Insurance: This concentration enables you to develop a thorough understanding of risk management markets and major topics in the field:
- The language of reinsurance, market-making operations of the reinsurance market, and analytic structures of those venues
- Basic theory related to life and health insurance
- Instruments to handle the risks related to life and health at the society, business, or individual level
- Employee benefits and social insurance systems
- Functional areas of insurer operations, including underwriting, claims administration, financial reporting, and ratemaking in property liability insurance
- Structuring insurance and reinsurance programs to effectively manage enterprise-level risks
- Taxation: Gain the theoretical and technical knowledge to interpret complex tax laws and regulations and translate them into practice within your industry:
- Individual tax planning, including coverage of income, exclusions, deductions, and credits
- Income and estate tax planning for high-net-worth individuals
- State and local corporate and individual income taxes and how they interact with federal taxation systems
- Global taxation models and methods used to finance government expenditures
- Tax issues and planning opportunities relating to real estate
- Tax issues relating to financial products such as debt and equity securities, mortgage-backed securities, derivatives, and foreign exchange contracts
- GMAT waivers available
- AACSB accredited
- Three career-building concentrations
- Time to completion: 18 months (full time), three years (part time)
The Knowledge to Advance Your Future
Earning your master of business administration degree online from St. John’s University gives you the cross-functional understanding, real-world insights, and broad industry knowledge you need for a wide variety of management roles. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for managers and executives will grow by six percent from 2014 to 2024, resulting in about 505,400 new jobs.*
|Job Title||2015 Median Pay*||Job Growth by 2024|
|Top executives||$102, 690||6%|
|Advertising, promotions and marketing managers||$124,850||9%|
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, accessed at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ on March 10, 2017.
Advance your career with an M.B.A. from St. John’s University. Contact us at 844-393-1677 Request More Information today!