Your Talent. Our Tax Experts. Your Future.
The AACSB accreditation is an internationally recognized, specialized accreditation for business and accounting programs.
Program time to completion:
The increasingly complex world of taxation demands expert tax strategists who possess strong theoretical and technical knowledge of taxes and tax law, along with highly specialized expertise. The widely respected online Master of Science in Taxation (M.S.T) program at The Peter J. Tobin College of Business is ideal for students who seek a tax position at an accounting or tax firm, a state or federal government agency, or a public or private corporation. It is also well-suited to students with previous experience in taxation who wish to assume leadership positions in the industry.
Why choose The Peter J. Tobin College of Business’s M.S.T. program?
- An widely respected curriculum. Focus on the technical aspects of taxation to build comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, tax regulations, judicial decisions, and Treasury rulings.
- Distinguished faculty. Learn from full-time faculty who are CPAs with J.D. and L.L.M. degrees in taxation. Leading researchers and published scholars, they are active in industry as well as professional associations. The Peter J. Tobin College of Business ranks #4 for Faculty Credentials and Training according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Graduate Business Programs (excluding MBA).
- Career connections. St. John’s New York campuses and business ties provide students with access to industry and professional organizations, specialized academic expertise, and connections at “Big Four” accounting firms.
- Accreditation and rankings. The Peter J. Tobin College of Business and its online programs are rank among U.S. News & World Report’s #32 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (excluding MBA). The M.S.T. program is accredited by the AACSB.
Graduates of this master’s of taxation online have the knowledge and skills the industry demands:
- Employ an in-depth understanding of the Internal Revenue code, tax regulations, judicial decisions, and treasury rulings
- Interpret complex tax law and regulations and easily translate them into practice
- Grasp the technical areas of taxation needed to advance as tax specialists in public accounting or to enter related corporate management
- Research tax questions, develop tax-planning strategies, and facilitate tax compliance
- Understand tax issues concerning federal, state, local, and international applications; corporate, partnership, individual, and exempt organizations; and estates, gifts, and trusts.
- GMAT waivers available
- Ranked #45 Best Online Graduate Business Program*
*U.S. News & World Report
Advance Your Future in Taxation
Your M.S. in Taxation degree prepares you to meet the demand for advanced tax specialists in public accounting and for corporate managers in related areas. Jobs for accountants and auditors will grow 11 percent by 2024, faster than the average profession.*
|Job Title||Median Salary**|
|Partner, Accounting Tax Firm||$149,555|
|Senior Tax Manager||$128,819|
|Chief financial officer||$126,753***|
|International Tax Manager||$113,752|
|Senior Tax Accountant||$69,514|
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, accessed at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ on March 10, 2017.
**all figures from PayScale.com, all except chief financial officer accessed at http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Taxation_(MTax)/Salary on 3/6/17
***accessed at http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Chief_Financial_Officer_(CFO)/Salary on 3/6/17
Advance your career with an online M.S.T. from St. John’s University. Contact us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information today!