Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.S.T. degree offered by St. John’s?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors, only in a fully online format.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on the following:
- Baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree
- Preferred GPA of 3.25
- GMAT/GRE (waivers are available):
- Official Graduate Management Admission test (GMAT) scores, taken within the last five years - minimum of 550 or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores - minimum of 310. (Conditional acceptance available on a case by case basis if minimum GPA or GMAT requirements are not fulfilled.)
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Two letters of recommendation obtained from professional or academic references
- Statement of professional goals
- Relevant work experience required
- International applicants:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Students with international credits must submit a course-by-course credit evaluation with GPA calculation by AEQUO.
How long will the program take to complete?
The program can be completed in 12-24 months.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency requirement or campus visits required.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Program tuition for the current academic year is $1,280 per credit hour.
Learn more about tuition and fees by visiting our Tuition page.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. the M.S.T. program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
In the M.S.T. program, you will learn how to:
- Interpret complex tax laws and regulations
- Easily translate these laws into practice within your industry
- Enter and advance as a tax specialist in the profession of public accounting
- Enter corporate management in the tax area
What differentiates this program different from others?
The St. John’s University online M.S.T. degree program is distinguished by its:
- Innovative tax curriculum that blends theory and technical aspects of taxes and tax law
- Notable full-time faculty who are CPAs and who hold J.D. and L.L.M. degrees in taxation
- Career connections through a strong alumni network and relationships with "Big Four" accounting firms
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information.