Below are some answers to commonly asked questions about the St. John’s online M.B.A. program.
Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.B.A. offered by St. John’s?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors, only in a fully online format.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on the following:
- Baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate degree
- Preferred GPA of 3.25
- GMAT/GRE (waivers are available):
- Official Graduate Management Admission test (GMAT) scores, taken within the last five years – minimum of 550 or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores – minimum of 310. (Conditional acceptance available on a case by case basis if minimum GPA or GMAT requirements are not fulfilled.)
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Statement of professional goals
- Two letters of recommendation
- International applicants:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Students with international credits must submit a course-by-course credit evaluation with GPA calculation by AEQUO.
How long will the program take to complete?
Although the online M.B.A. may be completed in as little as 18 months, most part-time students finish in three years.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency requirement.
Required On-Site Workshop: Tobin Graduate Intensive Foundations (TGIF) is a 3-day workshop for new graduate students that aims to standardize the basic fundamentals and quantitative analytical skills of business studies. In addition, incoming students will have the opportunity to meet with faculty and interact with their peers throughout the event. All entering online M.B.A. students must attend this on-site workshop.
- Click here for dates and details about the upcoming workshop or reach out to an Admissions Counselor to learn more.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Program tuition for the current academic year is $1,280 per credit hour.
Learn more about tuition and fees by visiting our Tuition page.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. St. John’s University’s online M.B.A. program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What will I learn in the program?
You will learn to:
- Acquire a global business perspective
- Apply business knowledge and skills effectively
- Appreciate professional and ethical responsibilities as a leader
- Make strategic, integrative decisions.
What electives are available to students who choose the Interdisciplinary Business concentration?
Students selecting the Interdisciplinary Business concentration will have the opportunity to choose from electives across multiple business disciplines, including courses in Accounting, Business Analytics, Computer Information Systems, Enterprise Risk Management, Executive Management, Finance, International Business, Investment Management, Marketing Management, Risk Management and Insurance, and Taxation. (Subject to availability.)
What differentiates this program from others?
The St. John’s online M.B.A. program stands apart in its:
- Focus on case studies, real-world projects, and global perspectives
- Distinguished full-time faculty who consult with international businesses, appear in business news media, and have extensive industry experience and connections
- Options to choose a concentration in either Risk Management and Insurance or Taxation
- Short time to completion of 18 months
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information.