Your Talent. Our Accounting Expertise. Your Future.
The AACSB accreditation is an internationally recognized, specialized accreditation for business and accounting programs.
Program time to completion:
A successful career in accounting demands a thorough understanding of accounting’s role within your organization and throughout the global marketplace. You also need to know how to apply sophisticated theoretical concepts to practical applications.
An online M.S. in Accounting provides you with the specialized technical knowledge and competencies in accounting, tax, and auditing you need to enter or advance your career in public accountancy or management positions in industry, government, and not-for-profit organizations.
Why choose The Peter J. Tobin College of Business’s M.S.A. program?
- Distinguished faculty. Learn from full-time faculty who hold doctoral or terminal law (L.L.M.) degrees as well as CPA licenses. Leading researchers and published scholars in the field, they possess years of industry experience; and are active in top industry associations. The Peter J. Tobin College of Business is ranked #4 in the Faculty Credentials and Training category, according to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Graduate Business Programs (excluding MBA).
- Career connections. St. John’s New York campuses and business ties provide students with access to industry and professional groups, fellow students who are industry peers, specialized academic expertise, and connections to the “Big Four” accounting firms.
- CPA preparation. This program fulfills the accounting education requirements to sit for the CPA examination and the education requirements for licensing as a certified public accountant.
- Innovative curriculum. Our comprehensive curriculum keeps pace with changing financial regulations to give graduates the forward-looking knowledge and skills to excel as accounting professionals of the future.
- Accreditation and rankings. The Peter J. Tobin College of Business and its online programs are ranked among U.S. News & World Report’s #32 Best Online Graduate Business Programs (excluding MBA). The AACSB-accredited program is endorsed by professional organizations such as PRME, IAEP, IMA, ACFE, ACCA, and by ISACA as having a model curriculum.
This AACSB-accredited Master’s in Accounting online program is endorsed by leading professional organizations that include:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), through its Internal Auditing Education Partnership (IAEP)
- The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- The Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) as having a model curriculum
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME)
Program Learning Outcomes
The M.S. in Accounting program from St. John’s prepares students to achieve the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to employ accounting competencies
- Apply business knowledge and skills effectively in a variety of settings
- Make strategic, integrative decisions
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional responsibility, ethical obligations, and social awareness
- Exercise competency in the global aspects of business
The Knowledge to Build Your Future
Your M.S.A. degree gives you the specialized accounting knowledge to advance your career in public accountancy or in managerial positions in industry, government, and not-for-profit organizations. Many of these roles are both high-paying and fast-growing.
|Job Title||2015 Median Pay*||Job Growth by 2024|
|Personal financial Advisor||$89,160||30%|
|Accountants and auditors||$67,190||11%|
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, accessed at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ on March 10, 2017.
Advance your career with an online M.S.A. from St. John’s University. Contact us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information today!