Is this online degree equivalent to the on-campus M.S.A. offered by St. John’s?
Yes. It covers the same curriculum and is taught by the same instructors, only in a fully online format.
What are the admission requirements for this program?
Your acceptance will be based on the following:
- Undergraduate business major or have completed 36 credits in business in a graduate business program or a school of law.
- Preferred GPA. of 3.25
- GMAT/GRE (waivers are available):
- Official Graduate Management Admission test (GMAT) scores, taken within the last five years – minimum of 550 or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) scores – minimum of 310 (conditional acceptance available on a case by case basis if minimum GPA requirements are not fulfilled).
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Two letters of recommendation, obtained from professional or academic references
- Statement of professional goals
- Relevant work experience required
- International applicants:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English.
- Students with international credits must submit a course-by-course credit evaluation with GPA calculation by AEQUO.
How long will the program take to complete?
The M.S.A. program can be completed in 12-24 months.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency requirement or campus visits required.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Program tuition for the current academic year is $1,280 per credit hour.
Learn more about tuition and fees by visiting our Tuition page.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. The M.S.A. program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The program and its concentrations have also been endorsed by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IAEP).
What will I learn in the program?
The M.S.A. program will prepare graduates to:
- Become a CPA
- Apply the competencies of the accounting discipline
- Apply business knowledge and skills effectively in a variety of settings
- Make strategic, integrative managerial and business decisions
- Understand professional responsibility, ethical obligations, and social awareness
- Demonstrate competency in the global aspects of business
What differentiates this program from others?
The online M.S.A. from St John’s University distinguishes itself in the following ways:
- The University’s strong ties to public accounting firms in New York, which provide students a wealth of information in a variety of accounting areas.
- A strong, connected alumni network that is committed to serving as a resource to current students.
- The ability for CPAs to apply their coursework to their continuing education requirements.
- A capstone project that allows students to complete an online program from the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) and its Center for the Public Trust.
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information.