Associate Professor, Library and Information Science
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina
- Certificate of Graduate Study in Museum Management, University of South Carolina
- M.S. in Library Science, North Carolina Central University
- M.S. in Instructional technology, East Carolina University
- Certificate in Distance Education, East Carolina University
- Certificate in Library Media, East Carolina University
- B.A. in Anthropology, East Carolina University
Information representation and retrieval (IRR), archival description, museum information, metadata.
- September 2012-Present: Assistant Professor, St. John’s University
- August 2007-May 2012: Teaching Fellow, University of South Carolina
- Angel, C. (2016). Collaboration among Faculty Members and Community Partners: Increasing the Quality of Online Library and Information Science Graduate Programs through Academic Service-Learning. Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning, 10(1-2). pp. 4-14. doe: 10.1080/1533290X.2016.1240741.
- Angel, C. (2011). Gap analysis of the University of South Carolina’s Digital Collections Department. OCLC Systems & Services Information, 27(2). doi: https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/10650751111135409/full/html.
- Angel, C. & Robinson, G. (submitted 2016). Lessons Learned: Using ePortfolios as an Assessment Tool within the Division of Library & Information Science (DLIS) Program at St. John’s University. International Journal of ePortfolio’s, 27 pages; Authored by Christine Angel (60%) and Gina Robinson (40%), IPR http://www.theijep.com/.
- Fuchs, Caroline and Christine Angel. [Accepted Book Proposal Pending Publication, 2017]. Organization, Representation and Description through the Digital Age: Information in Libraries, Archives and Museums, De Gruyter Saur Publishing Company. Aim and Scope (See https://www.degruyter.com/).
Request More Information
To learn more about our online degree programs, complete the form below. A St. John’s Admissions Counselor will contact you soon.
All fields required