What are the admission requirements for this program?
- Master’s degree in any field
- GPA. of 3.2 or higher
- Resume or C.V.
- MAT/GRE (waivers are available):
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose native language is not English
- Statement of goals for doctoral study
- All official transcripts from undergraduate and graduate studies
How long will the program take to complete?
The program can be completed in just 2.5 to 3.5 years.
Is there a campus residency requirement?
No. The degree is fully online, with no residency requirement or campus visits required.
What is the cost of tuition for the program?
Program tuition for the current academic year is $1,230 per credit hour.
Is the program accredited?
Yes. The Ph.D. in Literacy program is accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC).
What will I learn in the program?
This program will:
- Broaden and increase your depth of knowledge on literacy for all learners, including diverse and at-risk populations
- Develop you into a literacy educator who sees diversity as an advantage
- Equip you with forward-thinking perspectives on literacy research, theory, practice, and evaluation
- Instill an advanced capacity to conduct research and inquiry
What differentiates this program from others?
The online Ph.D. in Literacy from St. John’s stands apart for its:
- Curriculum focused on addressing the at-risk population
- Quick time of completion (2.5 to 3.5 years, vs. 3 to 6 years for many programs)
- Choice of a cognate in TESOL, Educational Leadership or Special Education
- Full-time faculty committed to student success via teaching and advising
Are there set times to attend my classes?
No. You will have specific assignment deadlines and test dates, but you can complete your online coursework at times that are convenient for you.
If you have further questions about the program, please call us at 844-393-1677 or Request More Information.